Monday, September 4, 2017

So here we sit waiting.


I am not at home today because I am doing other things.

I have had a tentative offer to sail on Lake Erie for some time now and I think that September would be a pretty good time to take the man up on his offer.

We'll see.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I see in the Boston area where the McDonalds people are thinking of striking for $15/hour.

Let them. McDonalds is already experimenting with kiosks. They will probably next come up with robots and put the burger flippers out of business.

I have said that this is what will happen for some time and as usual more and more of the entry level jobs will disappear.

*********************

One of the entry level jobs I have seen disappear is the lawn mowing business. It used to be an ambitious kid would take the family lawnmower out and drum up a little business in the neighborhood.

These days it's a guy with a pickup, trailer and a big mower that lines up his customers and makes the rounds.

The same holds true for paper boys. I don't remember the last time I saw a kid on a bicycle delivering papers. These days it's a man in an old compact car.

Times have changed 






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment