Thursday, September 28, 2017

I just spoke with and old friend in Alaska


And it makes me wonder if I would like to go and visit.

Very possibly not. 

I have been told that the town of Kodiak is now just like any other town in the States. 

I did well there by my own standard but from what I gather I would probably be run out of town or arrested today for just about anything that I used to do.

That town used the be inhabited by the 4 Ms, mercenaries, missionaries, malcontents and misfits. It seems to me that the mercenaries (and other do-gooders) seem to have won out and civilized the place.

Many of the bars have closed and a lot of things seem to have died out. 

It certainly isn't the same place I left thirty some years ago.

On the other hand I would be a fool to think it hadn't changed.

Still, it is depressing to see which direction the town went.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment