Tuesday, December 29, 2020

I am most certainly glad I am not in the dating game these days.

About the time I first went on line I ran into a younger guy that was dating. He was experimenting with meeting people on line and seemed to be happy with the internet as a source of meeting women.

He said that on line meetings made sense because you could eliminate women you met and had nothing in common with right off the bat. 

I asked him how much of it was 'false advertising' and he said it really wasn't too bad. Maybe back then it wasn't.

The other day on another internet board one of the guys posted a few screen shots and I was rather stunned for a number of reasons. I thought for a second he was cherry picking losers and decided to look for myself and was unpleasantly surprised with the number of idiots, losers and outright messes there are out there.

The ones that make me wonder are the fat, tattooed, pierced freaks with a couple of kids from  couple of different men that are looking for somebody handsome making $175K.

Fat chance!

A lot of the guys are no prize, either. My guess that the movie star standing in front of the Ferrari is just some fat slob living in his mom's basement.

I'm sure the guy I met all those years ago would be stunned to see what has happened to the platforms he was cruising two decades ago.

 I cringe at what it seems to be like today until I realize that anyone looking for anything serious has basically gone full circle. 

It's back to meeting people in your travels, church gatherings, work, friends introducing you to people and that sort of thing.

It's really kind of sad, too because the internet could have been a good tool for that sort of thing but much like every invention (TV comes to mind here) that has come down the pike it goes downhill fast.

Anyway I'm glad I am not young and in the dating pool these days.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment