Friday, December 4, 2020

My Covid plans.

It's wise to have a plan of some sort for things like the current Covid outbreak. I see all the little Karens running around with their daisy print mask thinking that it will defend us all from the dreaded plague that has descended on us. Of course from what I see most of the Karens are doing it all wrong.

I travel in the course of my duties which means I spend time stuffed into an aluminum tube with other people of questionable health. I came to the opinion that if I already had not been exposed to the virus I would be at some time or another.  decided to take a proactive approach. 

I recall reading about Jesuit missionaties in the 40s and 50s that were in SE Asia doing missionary stuff. The instant one of them 'went native' they would immediately get sick as a dog, violently ill and pretty much stayed that way for some time, generally about three months. A couple of them died, a handful were medevaced and hospitalized but most ot them that persevered repported that after a while they recovered and never spent anothe sick day while they were in the jungle. Some reported that they never got sick again until years after they returned stateside.

I also took a look at the homeless. A couple of health care professionals I have spoken with have said that an awful lot of long term homeless have developed outrageously powerful immune systems. It makes sense when you look at the lifestyle. Of course the homeless do have other problems to deal with but that's not the point. Most of the problems are drug or alcohol induced.

A person that takes a dump fifteen feet from his camp, wipes himself with his hand wipes his hand off with a rag he found in a gutter somewhere and then goes and cooks dinner in a filthy skillet is either going to get tough or die.

Even those that sleep in shelters swap a lot of germs with the other homeless people and seem to have developed strong immune systems.

Based on this information I figured that there was much to be said for trying to get the immune system up and running at a better rate. 

Like a lot of things I'm meeting this head on. I have the reins in my teeth, my Winchester in one hand, my Colt in the other and I just put the spurs to my mount. What I am NOT saying is 'hold my beer and watch this.' I could very well fail.

I figured that maybe it was time to do something. Off to dig around and see what I could do. 

A druggist is generally as good as a doctor in many cases and I asked a couple of pharmacists what route they have gone. They agreed with my idea of adding supplemental vitamins and recommended on top of that to add zinc.

I upped my vitamin C and D intake, added elderberry gummies and zinc and I think that's what I am going to go with in addition to a few lifestyle changes.

Masks are controversial. I have read both good and bad about masks. I have little faith in them but when appropriate I do wear one. As far as effectiveness goes, it's probably a wash but I don't see it as harmful so I pretty much do it to keep Karen off my back. I do social distance though which is one of the good things about the plague. It keeps me from being crowded. It's also made those guys that think they have to hold their face three inches from your face when they talk to you start to smarten up. 

While I do mask in public I an certainly not an idiot about it. I don't wear one walking down a quiet street or when driving. It's ridiculous to do that. It's not like the virus is going to shoot itself through a windshield or jump out at you from behind a phone pole.

As for masks, I generally have one in my pocket and also normally wear a shemagh draped around my neck which I can rig up in a couple of seconds. In fact I can rig it as a full face covering in the same amount of time but seeing I haven't been robbing convenience stores lately I just rig it for my nose and mouth.

I am running with the assumption that my home is Covid free. Everyone has to have a base of some sort and unless my place has been compromised it's Covid free. I run with that.

Now, when I am out and about I seldom pass a hand sanitizer without cleaning my greasy little paws and the minute I get home from an errand the paws get hosed down again. If I have been flying I simply drop my laundry in the garage and go up and shower.

On the other hand, when I'm home I seldom wash my hands. If I garden I'll rinse the dirt off but in general they seldom get washed except after a sitting head call of if I an going to cook for someone else. I WANT those germs!

This sounds worse than it is. I do wipe surfaces down after I cook and eat but I don't sanitize the surfaces like I used to. 

I have noticed over the years that the germaphobes I know always seem to be getting colds, coughs and the flu. They get caught up in a vicious cycle of every time they catch cold they go on the rampage and chase every single germ they see and murder it.

Of course a lot of Karens do this and scrub their children down and get all upset when they play in the dirt but they are not doing their children much of a service. They are weakening their kid's immune systems and making them more vulnurable to whatever is going around these days.

Still, this is pretty much my plan and maybe if I am exposed my system can fight it off. Hopefully it can. Time will tell.

Maybe I'm spitting into the wind and I'll get walloped with it  but at least it's a plan. 

My sailboat had a motto on one of the bulkheads.

It read: You have to sail the wind you have and not the wind you want or the wind you had. You may not have control of a situation but it is your duty to make an effective response.

This is my response. I hope it's effective.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment