Saturday, December 19, 2020

There was a target of opportunity I passed up on Nextdoor.

Someone asked about hearing what they thought were shots fired yesterday at such and such a time. 

I believe I heard them and it actually sounded like oversized fireworks to me and I honestly posted that.

What I considered doing is something along these lines.

Don't worry about it. Nobody's shooting. One of the kids down the street found a couple of Bangalore torpedoes his grandfather brought back from WW2.

The kid asked me if I thought they were still good so I told him how to hook up the electric blasting caps to a long wire and touch the ends to a car battery.

I guess they proved to be still good which is fine because now he'll keep out of trouble for a while by filling in the craters in the back yard.

Frankly I was tempted but I am already on thin ice on Nextdoor.

Gee! I wonder if the 500 pound blockbuster I saw in an old barn somewhere works! Maybe I'll hit the end with a hammer and find out!

Reminds me of the sign someone gave me.

They developed a former WW2 training site a while ago and the developer posted signs in the woods areas that said something like: Danger! Former military training site. UXO may be present. If you find something mark it, leave the area dial 911 and notify the authorities.

I was told the idiot Karens that moved in thought the signs were ugly and demanded they be removed.

I always wonder if they would change their minds any if their kid brought home a dud mortar round or grenade.

Then again they probably wouldn't know what it is and they'd likely throw it into the backyard fire pit.

I put the sign up in my backyard because kids were stealing the 550 paracord from my ham radio antennas. 

When a cop showed up and asked me about it I told him to find out who complained and tell her to keep her damned kid out of my yard. 

It's always a good thing when Karen outs herself.

To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment