Wednesday, December 23, 2020

They just keep making apps bigger and bigger

I just downloaded an app on my phone the other day and looked at it's characteristics. At 3+ gigs on a phone with a total of 16 gigs to play with and it being 2/3s full i instantly uninstalled it.

One of the things that frosts my ass is that when you get the damned thing it's already half full of the manufacturers crap and there' no way for a non geek like me to remove it.

 It's really kind of a gyp when you think about it.

They advertise it holds 16 gigs (which it actually does) but I guess they never bother to tell you the ret of the story.

Like how much of the 16 gigs is actually usable.

I really have no use whatsoever for the dopey games and other junk they put in them. I don't need stock market reports because I don't care if Scott Tissue touches another bottom today and leaves thousands wiped clean.

As for the news, it's mostly fake news anyway. If I want the truth I have to dig it out of honest sources.

In short I don't need most of the crap that's on there.

Actually this isn't new. Back in the day Bill Gates commented on the (then) brand new 486. He said with almost half a gigabyte there was enough memory there to last a person a lifetime. I suppose at the time he was right.

He hadn't foreseen the graphics and games coming down the pike.

Of course with 'all that memory' the program writers got a little sloppy. They had more room to work whith so why not use it?

My current cell phone has 32 time more memory than that 486. My phone, for God's sake and it's an antique!

Anyway I downloaded what appeared to be a small program and it turned out to be well over 3 gigs and that brought the phone too close to being filled up. Of course I uninstalled it.

Still it annoyed me to no end.

On the other hand, I suppose I forgot to take human nature into consideration.Let every empty space be filled with at least something.  


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment