Thursday, April 22, 2021

Does anyone really read this?

Over the years I have wondered if people read the various reports, tax documents and so on that we are required to send in by governments, employers or whatever.

Do the tax people really read every deduction or what is filled into every little space?

Over the years on unused spaces on tax forms where there is an unused blank space in the middle of things I sometimes write "Do you really read all of this?"

No governmental agency has answered me yet and I hve done this on and off for decades.

I have to admit that one time I was writing out a report at work and in the middle of a paragraph I put in the sentence, "I bet nobody really reads these reports." where looking at it it didn't stand out.

Much to the credit of the boss, I got a brief email from a department head.

"Yes, I do read these reports. We actually pay attention to what you guys have to say."

"Just checking," I replied. Then I added, "Because you really are interested I'll take a little more time on them."

I was actually surprised but when I thought about it, it made sense. Private industry pays a lot more attention to things than government does. 


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment