Tuesday, April 6, 2021

There are times when you just know someone has become an American.


The one that comes to mind for me was a smart-assed cab driver. When I got into his cab he was pretty much all business but I ended up being a smart ass myself and his answer told me the guy belonged here.

"Where ya from?" I asked him.

"Morocco," he replied.

"What part?" I asked.

"Casablanca," he replied.

"Casablanca, huh? Is Rick's place still there?" It was a direct referral to the classic movie of the same name as his hometown.

"No. He closed it in 1942 and had to skip town with Sam and a French police officer. They would up in Algeria and the three of them opened up another bar and did OK." he said. "Then Rick got work that Elsa and Laslo had a falling out when a woman showed up at their door with a baby demaning that Laslo pay child support. Rick hired an old friend named Sam Spade to track Elsa down and  had her flown to Algeria where they got married." he said.

"Rick sold out to his partners and he and Elsa moved to Chicago and had a bunch of kids and lived happily ever after." he concluded.

I know he just pulled that story out of his ass then and there by the way he told it. It was such a classic line of total BS that it could have ONLY come from an American.

As far as I'm concerned that guy passed his citizenship test with an A.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. So if you don't have that quality does that mean you aren't an American? Or is that what qualifies you as an American? And that is just plain stupid. If I recall you don't like stupidity. sr

    ReplyDelete