Friday, April 9, 2021

I see where United Airlines no longer cares about customer safety.

Apparently racial politics are more important.

The just announced a goal of making the flight deck 50% minority.

Over the years I have never thought twice about the aircrews that have flown me places. I couldn't care less about the race or sex of them. I simply knew they were competent aviators.

On my last flight I was last off because I wanted to talk to the pilot, a woman. She seemed to be a competent aviator and that's all that mattered. She answered my questions and I went about my business with no second thought.

I've been around aviators for decades and know that as a group there is very little if any racial animosity. Pilots judge other pilots by their competence as aviators.

United is likely going to force the issue and that means most likely minorities will be held to a different (lower) standard to achieve the desired results of a 50% minority flight deck.

As usual, who pays for this?

For one, the passenger. They will be constantly wondering if the aircrews are diversity hires. They will (rightfully so to some extent) be worried obout their safety.

The people that generally pay a dear price for policies like this are the successful minorities that have busted their asses to become competent in their field and will now find their competence being questioned. People will wonder if they are diversity hires.

All I can say is that they ought to go back to the hiring practice of hiring based strictly on competence without regard to race or other minority status. Nothing else matters. 







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment