Friday, April 23, 2021

One of the things that most people forget about growing up is that


Their parents were growing up WITH them.

When you have several different siblings spread out over more than  decade when it's all over and done with you will have that many perspectives regarding their relationship with their parents.

I remember growing up Catholic and if I said I was taking a girl to a dogfight in Greenbush Mom would get concerned and ask me if she was a good Catholic girl.

I'd likely answer, "Ma, I'm going to tie a pork chop around her neck so Jimmy's Rhodesian ridgeback will charge her! You want me to waste a good Catholic girl on that?"

Yet by the time my sister was of age if she went out with an Estemenian nobody gave it a second thought if he seemed to be a decent guy. 

He could be a three-toed Estemenian for that matter. All he had to do to score points was to wear regular shoes instead of flip flops.

Looking back on it,  the time I did tell my mother I was taking  girl to a dogfight in Greenbush, my father smirked and said that he had three bucks on the dog.

Still, it's funny how the relationship between parent and children is looked at later on in life.

It's because our parents were actually growing up alongside us.
 







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment