Monday, April 5, 2021

I am getting leerier and leerier of buying things on eBay from California.

I just snagged a sleep noise generator off of eBay which is fine and dandy. When I paid for it I found I had paid directly to China which I had not bargained for.

Still, the item itself is supposedly in the States so it should arrive as scheduled in a few days.

I'm starting to get more and more suspicious about buying on line these days.

A while ago I bought a heavy winter jacket that promised fast shipping. The fast shipping came AFTER it spent several days waiting to be shipped and then weeks on a slow boat from China. Finally it got to the States and I had it a couple of days later.

What irked the daylights out of me is that the seller advertised a Stateside address and it sounded like a store.

After things dragged on I looked up the so-called store when I got dialed in I figured out it was basically little more than a space with a phone. I saw nothing that remotely looked like a store.

Kind of shady looking to me.

Then the coat arrived and it was not as described. Instead of sheepskin it was vinyl and a man made lining. A piece of junk and clearly not as it had been described.

I'm filing with PayPal over this one.

Of course Amazon is reasonably trustworthy. When they say something will arrive on a certain time it is rare when it doesn't and even then they are generally not late by very much.

eBay is another pretty good one. Nobody wants bad feedback and sellers are required to post where the item being sold is physically located. They also give an estimated delivery date. Things are rarely late.

From now on before I buy anything on line I am going to do a little more digging before I make a purchase.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment