Sunday, June 6, 2021

Ahh, yes. The return of the idiot.

He crossed my path and gave me a hurty look because I made him feel stupid a few years back and kept moving.

A few years back he said he heard that merchant mariners were real party animals.

Yeah, right. 

We're constantly being tested for drug and alcohol abuse. It you're any kind of a druggie you ain't gonna last very long in this business. I've been in this racket over 30 years so you figure it out.

Anyway I told him that the instant I got off the boat that my dealer would show up in the parking lot with a pint of JD, a 6-pack of Stella, four joints, a couple of hits of acid, nine tooeys, a  Quaalude or three, three hits of MDA, a couple of peyote buttons, a handful of mushrooms, some nebutol, a little meth and on and on.

I explained to him that I'd immediately do it all in the parking lot and that was my limit because if I did any more I'd need a designated driver.

He looked at me agape and told me he had a friend that could get me into rehab.

I told him rehab is for quitters and walked off.

I figure that one was on him because one is expected to think at least a little bit. Just half of the stuff I listed would be enough to make a big herd of elephants pass out stone cold dead.

Then again there was a woman I told that Abraham Lincoln told us not to believe everything you read on the internet but that's a different story.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. No that was Al Gore. Remember he said he invented the internet. sr

    ReplyDelete