Saturday, June 12, 2021

This may/may not be a rerun.

I was talking about how we treat our elderly with someone else the other day and it reminded me of an old woman I got something off the top shelf for.

She commented on how prices were going up and how she would have a hard time helping her grandchildren out. I explained to her that she and her husband should take care of themselves first and that the grandkids have to find their own way in life.

"But what do I tell them?" she asked.

"Tell them you're pregnant and have another child coming along to raise." I said, with a mischevious look on my face.

"They'd never believe that!" she protested. "Pregnant at my age!"

"We both know that," I answered "But tell them that's your story and you're sticking to it."

"What would my husband do if I said that?" she asked.

"He'd do what every single husband since Adam and Eve has done. He'd sit there with a stupid looking sheepish grin on his face," I said.

She furrowed her old brows for a few seconds as she thought about it. Finally she replied, "I do believe you're right. He would sit there with a dumb looking grin on his face! They all do!"

I shuffled off and wondered if she really would tell her grandkids she's pregnant. Then I pictured the dopey look on her husband's face if she really did and had to stop and laugh. 







 





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment