Friday, June 4, 2021

I see on Nextdoor that some woman is looking for a pair of teenagers

that helped her save the family dog. She wants them recognized for their good deed.

Suppose they don't want to be recognized?

Suppose they're on the lam for a murder they didn't commit? They may be scouring the dark, murky insipid depths of the underworld trying to find the real killer and bring him to justice. They know if they're caught they'll wind up spending the rest of their lives falsly imprisoned.

They're probably a little too short on cash to hire the A-Team and besides the A-Team members are getting a little long in the tooth to be getting into a hot chase with some criminal type. Right now B.A. Baracus is pretty close to 70. Hannibal Smith is dead and Murdock is 73. They're too old for that sort of thing.

So now we have two teenagers on the lam that helped someone with the family dog being sought after by the dog's owner on top of that. and jailed.

Being recognized for their good deed is the last thing they need. Most likely it will wind up with them being caught and jailed. It's the last thing they need. The murder will then never be brought to justice.

And it's all the fault of some nice lady that wants the two of them to be recognized for their good deed and act of kindness.

What kind of message will that send them? Most likely they'll never do a good deed for the rest of their lives after that.

OK, OK. It's not that likely. Let's try another scenario.

They probably don't want to be found and have a bunch of adults cooing and fawning all over them and telling them what good kids they are. I can remember that I would not have wanted that and it's pretty likely that they don't want it to happen to them either. Can't say I'd blame them. Things like that can be embarrassing at their age.

How about we simply leave the two kids alone. If they want to be recognized I'm sure they'll come forward.

How do I know this?

There was an old widow that lived nearby that wasn't getting around too good. She had been good to the neighborhood kids for years so sometimes I'd get up early and shovel the snow off of her walk. She didn't have a car so there was no driveway. It didn't take but a few minutes.

She was living on damned little and if she had found out who the phantom snow shoveler was she'd have tried to pay me and it would have been embarrassing. I kept it a secret.

Had any of my friends found out and ratted me out there likely would have been blows struck. They'd have said something and I would have responded. Kids are that way sometimes.

Had an adult ratted me out it would be eggs and toilet paper and soaped screens,

I was caught twice. Once by my father who promised to keep it under his hat. The other person was a local cop on routine patrol at about 3 am. I told him if he dimed me out I'd stop doing it so he kept mum.

She was good to us so it was only fair I was good to her.

She made GREAT apple pies.

As for the woman trying to find the dynamic duo that saved her dog? I think she's on a campaign to reward those two to make herself feel good. It's either that or she doesn't understand how kids operate. But that's just my opinion.

Like I said, if the two kids want to be reecognized I'm sure they'll surface. If not, leave them alone.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment: