Sunday, June 27, 2021

I was in a really mean funk yesterday morning

as I was rousted and had to get something done without even the decency of a cup of coffee. It was most uncivilized and left me in a particularly vile mood.

Anyway afterwards I saw a post on another board advertising a combination yard sale and lemonade stand. It was the lemonade stand that caught my eye. Yard sales don't interest me because I have enough useless junk. But the lemonade stand did because they are generally managed by cheerful little kids that have somewhat of an entrepreneural spirit and that's always a plus.

So off to the lemonade stand and I was served lemonade and chocolate chip cookies for under a buck which is a deal anywhere these days.

I got to talk to a cheerful kid and meet a nice family and it dragged me right out of my mean funk. Sometimes something dopey like that does the trick.

Later I mentioned it to a couple of the guys and we laughed about the kind of people that get worked up and report the poor little kids for not having a business license, health department certificate, whatever. Surprisingly it actually happens sometimes.

I do know how the local cops respond to that type of call. They make a quick stop at the convenience store to get a buck's worth of change so they can buy a glass of lemonade when they get there.

Cops like kids that are entrenpreneurs. 

I don't think they go far enough on dealing with the complainer, though. Personally I think they ought to bust the complainer's tail light and then write him/her a ticket for it but that is just me. I'm not alone.

The guys and I also discussed the basic quality of the lemonade that kids sell and none of us recall getting a bad batch. On the contrary. Sidewalk lemonade is almost always pretty good stuff.

Of course I suppose that because sidewalk lemonade stands are technically illegal I have a hard time passing one by becasue I do take pride in helping children embark of a life of crime.

 


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment