Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Jimmy retired a while back.

After about 40-odd years or so working for an outfit in the Gulf of Mexico. He's been a damned talented person to have working on the Western Rivers running river tugs and being pulled off to act as a salvor occasionally.

It was said that he raised a sunken barge in less time than it took to actually sink. I don't doubt it.

He's one of those incredibly talented people that has made everyone he works for money and everyone he worked with a lot more educated. Speaking of education, I believe Jimmy is pretty much self-educated.

I don't know Jimmy all that well but every so often he belts one out of the park. He's not the most polished individual I have ever met. The few times I have seen him I could probably replace his outfit easily for under $4 at a Goodwill. Maybe even less.

Anyway they tried to make a big to-do over his retirement and Jimmy just wanted to walk off into the sunset quietly. He said he didn't want a retirement party but I guess management insisted.

He was a no-show at his own retirement party and had a friend deliver a note which was read at the party he didn't attend.

" Enclosed is $5. Just mail me my f***in' gold watch. Jimmy."

Classic gold there.

My kind of guy.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment