Monday, June 21, 2021

Another adventure in stupidity.

 Someone was looking at an old 1800s picture of a train and went off like a skyrocket about the train making a lot of smoke which is what trains used to do. Steam engines ran on wood and coal back then to provide heat to make steam to propel the train.


Today trains run on diesel engines.


Anyway our little activist looked at the smoke and started carrying on and on about the pollution and asked me why they allowed trains to smoke like that and pollute the atmosphere.


As I get older I have less and less patience for people like that. Of course they are entitled to an honest explanation to their questions and as usual I gave him one.


"For the same reason thay didn't use machine guns during tht War of 1812," I said.


"Why is that?" he asked.


"Because you're stupid," I replied.


I did choose the word 'stupid' because you can't fix stupid and I seriously doubt you can fix that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment