Friday, June 18, 2021

More stupid.

"Yeah," I replied to some idiot a while back. "Everytime I get thrown in jail for drunk driving they always throw me in a cell between a groper and a pyromaniac. I have to sleep on the floor in the center of the cell to get any sleep."

Nobody seems to think that sailors have to be licensed and documented and have clean records to be able to sail.

One time someone asked how long I have been in this line of work. 

"Since I was sixteen," I replied. "That's when dad threw the keys to the family supertanker at me and told me to make sure I got it to Kuwait within ten days."

"Really?"

"Oh, yeah," I replied. "But Dad clipped my wings a couple of months later and took the keys from me for about a month when I got caught drag racing in the Gulf of Suez."

Does anybody even bother and think anymore? Does anybody really believe someone is going to hand some wetnose kid the keys to a $58 million (not including cargo) dollar supertanker?

For that matter, does anyone think that you can simply fire up a behemoth like that with a key?






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you kick the tires before you crank it over with the keys.
    ...wouldn't want to be running on flat tires, you know.

    ReplyDelete