Monday, June 7, 2021

As I type this I am watching an Albin Vega 27 sell at an on-line auction.

With an hour left the top bid is $2000.

I figure it'll start to climb at the last minute. No telling how high it will go.

That's one hell of a good boat and it's astonishing how inexpensive boats seem to have gotten over the past year or so. It's stomp down crazy the number of deals there are out there to be had.

Thirty and forty year old Albins are still considered good boats for circumnavigations. 

The boat seems to be in basic good condition and appears to have everything needed to be launched and sailed away after a basic cleanup.

Of course it's being sold as is/where is and that makes it a pig in a poke. Still, it's probably a pretty safe bet that if it is not perfect that at that price it could be made seaworthy for short money.

Where were these deals back in 1985 when I bought my sailboat?


Update.

Someone got a good deal at $2000!
  




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment