Wednesday, July 27, 2022

I just briefly went through the owner's manual of the same truck I own but is much newer.

Back in the day the owner's manual showed you how to adjust the valves in the engine. Now they tell you not to drink the battery acid. That says something there.

What somewhat surprised me is that the instructions on the electronics manual is about as thick as the basic owner's manual. My vehicle had no electronics manual.

The updated Tacoma is a far more complex machine than mine. FAR more complex.

While I could easily hop into it and drive to New Mexico with it, there is just too much information being thrown at yu as you drive along our nation's highways and by byways. 

I've always driven simple machines and although the technology of the new cars out there is simply amazing, I see little need for it. I bet most people will never use half of it. 

I would be just as comfortable with my old '62 Dodge half ton stepside as I would a brand new off the showroom floor Tacoma for daily use.

Cars just seem to get more and more complex over time and I fail to see what good it does for the average Joe. 

One thing it certainly does is costs the buyer one hell of a lot more money. 

In the FWIW department the new one gets about the same gas mileage as my old one.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment