Friday, July 29, 2022

It looks like maybe today life will get civilized again.

Long story, no details but I think they are going to get the power up and running again which will be good news.

In other news it looks like probably chili for lunch whic is a good deal.


I might add to this post later.


Oh, hell. Why not. I still have battery left.

One of the things that happened is that I had to deal with someone in a hurry when I was gassing my truck up. I had a spare 25 liters (about 6 gallons and I put the canon top of my tonneau cover, stuffed my syphon hose in it, put the other end in the tank and got it started. It's got a ball valve in it so no sucking is necessary.

Now the person that was with me said they were in a hurry and asked me if it would be faster just to use the can's spout. I replied that while it might be a little faster it would likely be a bit messier. 

He stod there somewhat impatiently and after a couple of minutes said something about how much time it was taking.

About that time the syphon started sucking air. I pulled it out of the can, screwed the lid on it and put it away and looked at the guy. "Le's go," I said.

The few extra seconds spent by syphoning were more more than made up for by the time saved on cleaning up the mess it was likely to have made using the spout AND I didn't have to bust my ass holding the can while it emptied.



 




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment