Saturday, July 30, 2022

Right after I moved into my house about 30 years ago

Some real estate agents stopped to take comparable listings pictures.

My wife didn't know what was going on and she told me people had been stopping by, taking pictures and driving off. I told her I had no clue as to what was happening and why.

She said she was pretty uncomfortable with it and after she described it, so was I.

Anyway I was home, fresh off of a trip and in the garage with the door open when a realator came by to snap pictures. Of course I didn't know she was a realtor.

I came flying out of the garage and shouted "FREEZE. If you don't you will get hurt!"

She went into shock and froze. I demanded to know what was going on and she started babbling that she was a realtor and taking pictures for comparable listings and so on. She was pretty shaken.

"For Pete's sake," I shot back. "Why don't you people tell buyers that other realtors are going to drop by after they buy a house? You scared the hell out of my wife and to tell you the truth I wanted to know what was going on, also. Now take your damned pictures and go in peace."

I reported it to my wife and she was greatly relieved.

Still, at least for first time buyers, realtors ought to at least give people a heads-up. We had moved from Alaska and had no clue as to how local real estate people worked.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment