Saturday, July 23, 2022

I'm now a professional.

As usual I am kind to the elderly and the day before yesterday at the market a little old lady asked me to reach up to get something for her. 

Needless to say, I was happy to do so and when I handed the item to her I said, "Here you go, young lady."

"Young lady?" she replied. "I haven't been called that in a LONG time! Thank you, you just made my whole day!"

Being the circus clown I am, I held out my hand, smiled and said, "That will be ten cents, please." and we both shared a laugh. I continued my shopping.

Fifteen or twenty minutes later we crossed paths again and she smiled at me, handed me a buck and told me to keep the change!

We both laughed again and I told her I was going to pin the buck to my board so I can see it often. I did just this when I got home. There is is, about 20 feet from me where I can see it from here.

The Piccolo bag of bull$hit has now officially turned a profit and I'm thinking I'm thinking of putting this act on the road!





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. Rule number one of local politics : call their dog a good boy, and their mama a young lady. Works every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except for Bubbles. She was a little old lady down the street and for years if she was in the front yard I'd shout "Hiya, Bubbles!" She'd give me back a big smile for calling her that.

      Delete