Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Where we are today probably goes all he way back to the so-called Greatest Generation

and what made me think of it was that I was thinking about the time in school I was asked 'Did you bring enough gum for everybody?"

Actually I had a whole pocketful of gum and started handing it out. I got an hour after school for that one.

Later another teacher asked me that and I asked him if he was some kind of communist or something. He was a pretty decent guy because although he gave me a detention it was just for a minute while he told me he was not a commie and thanked me for reminding him. I think I managed to catch the bus home.

Still, the signs of things headed in the direction we are headed were showing but I was too young to realize it. There was an English and an art teacher that were pretty much anti RKBA and other signs popping up if I had been smart enough to see it.

Of course I had my share of idiot naive young schoolteacher types as well as a slew of WW2 veterans. For the most part the WW2 guys were Old School American conservative types but there were one or two exceptions here. Still, oddly enough, as conservative as they were, most did think FDR was a great president. The general attitude about that was, "Hey! The country was on its ass. He had to do something." Yeah. Like sign the NFA. Right.

I remember the Gun Control Act of '68 and that was done entirely by the Greatest Generation.  LBJ asked for a national firearm  registration.

I mention much of the gun control business because gun control leading to total disarmament has always been the first step a tyrant will take to enslave a people.

Still, it goes a lot further back than the Boomer generation. 

I saw it myself firsthand.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment