Saturday, July 16, 2022

When I was a kid there was a show called 'The Millionaire'.

It was about some richer than God guy that you never actually saw that had a hobby of giving people a check for a million bucks. You never saw the actual guy, John Beresford Tipton.  You only saw his faithful assistant named Michael Anthony.

It was pretty good and I believe it ran between 1955 and 1960 and as a kid I saw some of the originals and later on some of the ones I missed when the series would occasional pop up as reruns.

I remember people that got the money sometimes did good things with it, a handful squandered it. SOme used it for good, others for bad. One guy used a part of it to chase down someone to seek revenge only to have the chase lead him to the grave of the person that injured him and another guy used it to buy a baseball team.

All in all it was a pretty good show.

Anyway, I am not John Bereford Tipton and I don't have a guy named Michael Anthony on my payroll and I ain't gonna come out of nowhere and give you a million bucks so I guess you better get your ass back to work like the rest of us.
\



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment