Friday, October 28, 2022

Fire recovery has been SLOW but there's an end in sight.


It took the people I had hired several WEEKS to set up a temporary electrical box and they screwed that one up.

As of now we are pretty much back at Square One but there's an end in sight because we have a rewiring scheduled to begin on 7 November which should change everything. We'll have heat, lights, hot running water and gas. We have cold water and gas now.

Once we get electricity things will start happening.

My plan is to get the top floor remediated and completely finished and then operate out of the little room there. It's all I need and I can live small there for until things get squared away.

I have the general paid off and out of the way and hopefully I won't have future headaches with him. If I do I'll post a blow by blow here and post links to it on every social media platform I can find. Let's leave it at that.

One of the advantages is that as soon as I get electricity I have one thing a lot of tradesmen want which is inside winter work. They won't be outside freeezing their asses off.

The next step is to get things rolling with an experienced contractor because this is not a one man job. I need painters and cleaning people. All the exposed wood in the basement and garage has to be sealed up. 

As an aside, one thing I have discovered is that there is a hydroxyl generator that can be installed in the duct work and turned on and of as needed. It's certainly not powerful enough to remediate the house but it can be used to eliminate odors like the kitchen smell after meat is cooked. (I like the smell, the wife hates it)

This is going to be a slug fest and we shall see what we shall see.

I don't see the job being finished until maybe early summer.




















To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment