Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Ohhh....That. The wine and cheese party.


which I attended about 25 years ago.

Instead of some fine wine I showed up with some of the crap we made as kids out of grape concentrate, yeast, sugar and water and rebottled it in some fancy bottles.

For the cheese I cut up a bunch of Velveeta and smothered it with Tabasco.

At the party I passed the cheese off as some Mexican hot cheese and the wine off as coming from the vinyards of Estemenia and the women there ooohed and ahhed.

After a while the host took a sip and said, "Who rebottled the swipe? We used to make this stuff in college when we were broke."

I fessed up and needless to say a lot of the wine snob women were realy red faced and angry for being played as fools.

My host laughed and said, "This stuff should be served in cold beer mugs," and got one out of the freezer. That's when the party started to cook.

What was interesting is that my host asked for the recipe and when I said, "Then stir it up with a fairly clean piece of scrap lumber," a lot of the wine snobs blanched and my host laughed like holy hell.

I was never invited to another wine and cheese tasting after that and that was fine by me.

My host did invite me over for a drink or six a few times, though.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment