Monday, May 13, 2024

And as usual I have to explain the big clock on the desk and explain why the alarm goes off at noon and midnight.

That is because the big clock is set to UTC which is pretty much the same as Greenwich Mean Time. It's used in ham radio and as you will notice it's next to the rig where I can see it when I'm on the air.

The alarm is set for noon and midnight because that means that here the local time is 0800 and 0000 which is the time I am supposed to take my pill. It's a reminder.

Of course it is set to the dreaded 24 hour format which confuses a lot of people. 

Of course if you don't know how to deduct the 4 hours for the UTC/ DST Eastern difference you can simply look at the other clock next to it which is set to local time.

 ----------------------------------------------------------






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment