Monday, May 27, 2024

More reading coming up.

James Jones.

I just ordered one and two of the trilogy.

From here to Eternity, and The Thin Red Line.

I found the later edition of Eternity that includes the parts that were edited out in 1951 when it was first released.

I believe his daughter got the original (uncensored) version released in the on 2009 and it was released by Penguin books as such in 2011.

 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. When my "Uncle" died 5 years ago, i put the bayonette on my M1 Garand and Bob's helmet from WWII and staked them in front of his casket. The Honor guard and the bugler all came up to me after the service and thanked me, I told them Bob didn't want it, he was a combat Medic and never carried a weapon, but did say he appreciated the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete