Sunday, May 5, 2024

My Social Security number is six.

Yes. Six. 000-00-0006. 

It has been six for some time now if you are trying to fish for it here's the story of how it came to be. I told it at a California hospital that demanded it.

I was given to me personally by President Roosevelt back in 1935 only President Roosevelt didn't hand it to me personally. He handed it to his wife Eleanor who handed it to me. Mrs. Roosevelt wasn't really too pretty but she was really kind.

I was the 6th person to apply for Social Security and President Roosevelt wanted to personally hand the first ten of us cards. The government sent me a special train ticket to come to visit Washington DC and it was very exciting. I'd only been to the county seat once before when Uncle Mike took me there to see a hootchie girl show when I turned sixteen.

There was this nice couple on the train that taught me how to change trains and when I got to Chicago I changed trains there. There were also a couple of nice colored men in special uniforms that showed me where to sleep. I think they were called Pullman Porters or something like that. They were really good to me.

When I got on the train in Chicago I met this Army guy. I think he was a general because he had a whole bunch of stripes on his sleeve. He said he was going to Washington DC and would help me out after I showed him the letter President Roosevelt had sent me.

When we got to Washington DC he took me to a big building and some soldiers took me to a big, giant hotel and helped me find out where to stay. Gosh the room the President bought me was almost as big as my whole house!

When I went outside and looked around it sorta made me look twice. Cars going every which away, bright lights flashing and painted up city women! I had never seen nothing like it in Iowa before! 

Anyway breakfast in the hotel was nothing to write home about. It didn't fill me up at all. Only two fried eggs, some spuds and three skinny little strips of burned bacon and a couple of pieces of toast. The coffee was awfully weak, too. Momma used to send me out into the fields with a lot more than that! She used to also give me six or eight Aunt Jemimas, too even though she made them her way. 

Anyway someone in a fancy suit showed up while I was eating breakfast showed up and told me to get dressed up to see the President. I went to my room and put on my best suit and put on the necktie with a hula girl on it my Uncle Mike gave me. The guy made me change it with the plain one Momma gave me for Christmas and took me to meet President Roosevelt. He said Mrs. Roosevelt wouldn't like it because she wasn't as pretty as the hula girl.

I got about this far when the the woman behind the counter simply gave up and simply said, "Your Social Security number really is six?

"Yes, ma'am," I replied. "Given to me by the President of the United States personally."

Somewhere in California hospital my SSN is listed as 000-00-0006.

The rest of you bums pick something else like 000 00 0007 or 000 00 0008.

MY number is six.



  















To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment