Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Lame excuse.


Spoke with a semi local cop the other day and I was interested in how they handle false reports and swatting.
 
He told me the DA generally drops the charges using the lame excuse that if he prosecuted then people would stop reporting legitimate crimes. This, needless to say, makes things worse and turns the cops into tools to settle petty disputes, many based on false accusations.

I asked him how he personally handles them and he told me he generally rants and raves and makes threats. He said that one of the people that Swatted someone got cuffed and stuffed (they refused to sign the summons) and that when they were later released the releasing officer told the Swatter that the DA was releasing them because they were a first time offender and the next time they pulled that they'd likely get the book thrown at them.

I guess the general (correct) attitude is that they (the police) have enough to do without having to deal with false accusations.

During the conversation he mentioned that a lot of people could just talk to their neighbors about petty stuff like a barking dog.

I told him I talk to my neighbor about this when I run out of bourbon.  He asked me why I do that.

"She doesn't even have a dog," I replied. "But every time I ask her to keep her dog quiet she invites me in for a drink."




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment