Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pressed for time


I'm up a little early and already jamming. I took a few minutes to post today.

It's got the makings of a good day and I have to get started in a couple of minutes. I'm shooting a match today and likely will not do well because I feel pressed for time. I hate being harried but maybe when I get there I'll settle down.

Yesterday I started to teach my neighbor to handload and it was a series of screwups. I do not know why yet but I managed to get two-count 'em-2 cases stuck in the resizing die even though they were well lubed.

I'm guessing it was either soft brass or his chamber is bad because the last quarter inch I had to use slightly more pressure than I do on my own brass.

Anyway, I taught him the principles and then we ran out of time.

My employer sometimes offers me overtime and I rarely take it. The personnel guy keeps telling me to think of the money I'll make and I always answer back with "Think of all the time I'll lose."

All the money in the world won't buy time.

While poverty certainly sucks and people will do almost anything to avoid it there are times I'd rather be poor and have the time to do what I want.

It's really a trade-off. You have to have enough money to support yourself and making the money costs you time.

The way I look at it, when you work for someone he is simply buying your time and paying you at a rate that you are willing to sell your time for.

I'll write more on this subject later.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment