Monday, April 29, 2013

So it is the middle of the night


and I am up and I suppose I will be for several more hours.

My match yesterday was terrible mainly because I didn’t do my part. I really did poorly which means I likely still shoot better than most.

I have not had my service rifle out to a match in about 3 or 4 years and I found out that precision shooting especially with irons is a perishable skill. I also found out my eyesight has gotten a bit worse over time.

The ammo I was using was put together back in ’04 for crying out loud. I found I still have boxes of it leftover from the year I went nuts and shot about 5K rounds for score and about an additional 3 times that for practice.

I did manage to get a clearer sight picture by breathing deeply several times between shots. I could actually see the sight picture clear up as I forced more air into my system.

My rapids were actually halfway decent groups which surprised me pleasantly but they were not centered.

When all else fails, go back to the basics. I think I’ll break out the Garand and try that for a match or two. It is an old trick I used to use when things got bad. Once I get good with a Garand then everything seems to fall into place.

Anyway, I broke the ice and I am back to shooting again.

It felt pretty good and I found out that I had been missed by the guys.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this:http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment