Thursday, September 5, 2013

I am home in one piece having cheated death at sea again

And was met by the cat that jumped all over me.

I opened a letter from the ARRL and found that I was one short of getting on the rolls of the DXCC club. Apparently there was a screw-up somewhere over a call sign or two.

I was prepared for this as someone had emailed me about this.

I was ready for this and after I played with the cat for a while went over to my desk and dug out 3 DX QSL cards that had come in the day after I had applied. Go figure.

There were also 9 other new DX confirmations I didn't have out of the stack of cards that had come in the mail over the past couple of weeks. Not bad for the 20 or so that came in. Several were dupes that had trickled in. Some were over a year old.

Anyway, I meet the card checker at 1300 and have a total of 12 QSOs for him to check and add to the pile.

The guy at the ARRL was decent about it and said he'd let the checker scan the checklist into ARRL HQ and send it in instead of waiting for the hard copy to arrive.

I guess my DXCC award is pretty much in the bag.  We'll see how that goes. I hope it gets to me before I return to sea.

In other news I have a Big Giant Ecomm Drill coming up and because I have a part of running it I am scheming on how to throw a couple of little surprises here and there into the doings.

In other news I had a chat with a guy with a pair of daughters in college about polishing them up a little before they graduate. While both will graduate with marketable degrees they are too much like their hillbilly father.

I can picture the oldest one dressed to the nines, all polished up and looking like she's the editor of some NY based magazine stepping out the door in her finery and putting her little fingers in her mouth to whistle for a cab. 

I have seen that a couple of times before and it really is funny to watch. Someone like Princess Grace of Monaco whistling like Ellie May Clampett. It never fails to crack me up.








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment