Thursday, May 5, 2016

Well, the deer are out in the yard as usual.

An overcast morning and I just got word that my PRC 320 reached the shop.

PRC 320s generally come in upper side band (USB) only. Therefore from a practical view are only useful on the 20 meter and up bands as USB it traditionally used in USB.

The 40, 80 and 160 meter bands are generally used on the lower side band (LSB). This makes the rig somewhat useless on the lower bands.

However, there is a modification that can make one of these rigs work both side bands. Right now I have been lucky and have found someone that knows how to do the modification.

It will be nice to have this particular rig set up that way and I did get a real deal in the work. I won't specify here.

However when I get the rig back and test it I will post my source here.

I'll let you know in a few weeks what is going on and how things work out.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment