Friday, July 23, 2021

Behind enemy lines again.

One of the pleasant surprises I have gotten behind enemy lines are the Lyft/Uber drivers that seem to be pretty good about things in general.

I attribute it to the fact that they are basically self-employed or really semi self employed. They are responsible for maintaining their own vehicle, paying taxes, doing paperwork and real live responsible things. They don't get to eat if they don't work.

The longer, harder and smarter they work the more they make. Many of them seem to be pretty ambitious. One grilled me for information on becoming a sailor. He is trying to better himself. I'll help anyone do that. 

What surprised me was that I got a long ride to SFO from a driver that was a real Trump fan and another driver on another run, a black man, that understood the real meaning of the Confederate flag and appreciated and respected it.

The latter had gone to school in Virginia and said that practically everyone of his classmates had a Confederate flag decal on his pickup and that every one of them treated him like a brother. I wasn't surprised to hear that. I WAS surprised to hear it from a Bay area resident, though.

Behind enemy lines I do tend to try and fly under the radar, though. I also make it a point to stay out of the city which I actually try and do everywhere I travel.

Actually this isn't 100% true. It only applies when I am at work. When I am on my own time I really don't GAF.

You take the man's money, you take the man's orders although there are exceptions to this rule, they are rare as hell in the private sector. It's the boss's money and he can spend it any way he wants to.



88888888888888888888888888

Always be yourself unless you can be a sailor...then always be a saailor.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment