Sunday, July 18, 2021

I just bought a mechanical bathroom scale and I don't care too much how accurate it is.

What I do care for is that it will be repeatable. The two digitals I have suck. I can weigh myself on either of them and in fifteen minutes reweigh myself and get a 5-10 pound difference. I can also weigh myself on both of them one right after the other and there's a big difference, too.

I have long given up on this what you are supposed to weigh, BMI indexes and all of that nonsense. I just use three things, a mirror, my belt and how I feel. Right now I do not like what I see, my belt is out to holes near the end and I feel sluggish. As of a few weeks ago I went on a low carb diet and have dropped about 20 pounds and have more to go. 

I don't really care how accurate the scale is. It can be a few pounds off. I am using it as a tool to see if I am losing weight. It really IS that simple. Of course a ball park figure of my weight is a big plus but it isn't priority. I just want to know if the pounds are dropping.

The test of it is going to be when I stand on it and come back fifteen minutes later, having neither taken in anything or lost anything and the weight is the same. It's called repeatability.

As I lose weight I will know it simply because of the numbers dropping.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. Better than a scale...when your clothes get too big on you. sr

    ReplyDelete