Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Things are changing and not really for the good.

It wasn't long ago when I had a pretty good rapport with many of the local kids. I guess I just got older and am probably expected to yell at clouds or some damned thing.

It wasn't long ago I could have a quiet word with a kid and help keep him out of trouble with both the powers that be and their parents.

Right now I wish I could have a quiet word with one of the recently licensed teens that moves a little fast in the neighborhoods. I don't want to see them get jammed up with either the law OR their parents.

Of course if a kid gets a ticket they generally have to face the wrath of their parents when they find out about it and eventually they do.

I don't know what it is like now but back in the day the police tended to prey on the younger set. An adult getting stopped speeding was less likely to get written up as a youngster was. It's also likely that an adult isn't as easily intimidated by an officer.

It's a shame I am losing my lines of communication with the young because I have a lot of good information to pass on to any young people that want to embark on a life of crime.

 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment