Monday, July 19, 2021

There is a little nook of a restaurant

near where I live. They do a pretty good basic breakfast and lunch and the food's pretty good. It's been closed since Covid and they are opening after the remodeling has been completed. It's running a little late.

Oh, well.

On the neighborhood board there are all sorts of people wondering and waaiting in anticipation of the Great Reopening or the Amazing Breakfast and Lunch Nook. 

The remodel is going slow, probably because all the subcontractors are jammed up tight.

People are really getting impatient so I put my two cents worth in.

"Tell her to get on the stick. Half of the town looks like they live in a concentration camp."

Likely most people will chuckle but there's always one that will caterwaller and claim her grandmother died at Auschwitz and so on.

Which I suppose would be fair enough but I ran into a drama queen once that tried to say her grandmother died at Auschwitz. I knew that was false and it automatically made her a target of opportunity. That in itself is unfair to those that died there.

I asked her how much she knew about Auschwitz and she claimed to know a lot.

I asked her how many people died there and she said six million. Truth is according to what I could easily find it was 1.1 million.

"Six million, huh? I asked.

"Yes. Six million," she replied.

"Name them."



Anyway, the little nook is opening up one of these days in the foreseeable future and five or six bucks should get me a pretty good breakfast although I like to make my own these days.











To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment