Thursday, September 16, 2021

An interesting day.


A Marine I met, an NCO that is being commissioned soon from the ranks, they call them mustangs and it means he's one squared away SOB. He wanted to know about a black powder rifle he bought. He is a shooter and wanted to venture into black powder.
I explained how things work as best I could and so on.
He asked me how I knew so much and I casually told him I was issued a similar rifle in basic training when I went into the army.
His jaw dropped and he blushed instantly.
I think we got a pretty good Marine officer in the making. Yeah, he was caught off guard but he recovered instantly. That says a LOT.
It was ALMOST as satisfying as the time I chugged a 750 Jim Beam bottle full of iced tea in front of the shooting team at Camp Perry and got up, said that if the bottles got any bigger I was going to need a designated driver. I got into my pickup and drove off leaving most of them stunned for a few minutes.
Later a Master Gunnery Sergeant mentioned the incident to me and I told him it's an Old School trick. I knew I couldn't fool them for long but I could fool them enough to make a pretty clean getaway.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment