Wednesday, September 8, 2021

As time goes on I lose more and more faith in the internet for being truthful.

It seems to me like a lot of things are being purged all the time.

The one that tipped me off was that there was a discussion regarding the Silver Star LBJ was awarded for his service in the Navy during WW2.

I looked into that a few years ago and read a couple accounts of him. He was supposed to be some kind of errand boy, messenger and observer type for FDR if I recall.

What I DO recall is an account of his actions in the Pacific while he was being flown. The source was one of the pilots that flew him somewhere.

Th pilot said he had passed near a Japanese position and ineffective anti-aircraft fire was brought to bear on the aircraft. It was reportedly not only inaccurate but supposedly never even reached the proper altitude to be able to do any damage. The aircrew ignored it.

JBJ saw the puffs and asked the pilot what it was and the pilot reported that it was anti-aircraft fire and LBJ reportedly went into a screaming panic ordering the pilot to get out of the area ASAP.

I read that article a few years back and have not been able to find it recently. Personally I think it has been purged.

There have been a few other things I have seen changed over the years. On Wikipedia I have gone back to quote something I read monhs earlier and found it either deleted or changed. 

Seeing Wikipedia is generally reader created and edited that has not surprised me much but the more and more I see things mysteriously either disappear outright or get quietly changed the less faith I have in what I see on the internet.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

4 comments:

  1. First off, no one asked you shit. Second, you have forgotten the most important 3rd choice: shut this embarrassment down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The surest way to know you are going down the right path, is impotent haters screaming at you from all sides, and for no apparent reason.

      Delete
    2. Kaso, As the blog administrator I can easily delete any or all comments. I choose not to because I figure he's in the process of hanging himself.

      If I were to guess, he's drunk when he posts and word is getting around.

      Delete
  2. Don't give nobody no advice if you's a coward, ran away from the only war you's could have fought! Bum!

    ReplyDelete