Sunday, September 26, 2021

Why are there two USGI mess kits in mt cabinet?

I had a visitor over for breakfast a while back. Most people have people over for lunch or even dinner but I tend to try and serve breakfast because it's my favorite meal.

Anyway when I got the plates out someone asked me why there are two USGI mess kits in my cabinet.

Simple. I save them for certain special guests that come by for biscuits and gravy once in a while. Yeah, they're veterans and they get a boot out of being served B&G in mess kits and eating it outside.

I have a military contractor friend in Kuwait and about once a year he drops by when he takes a brief leave. He has little time stateside lest he get hit for income tax and I feel quite complimented when he swings by. 

He generally arrives with a pound of Jimmy Dean, a quart of milk and biscuits from a bakery somewhere. I whip up a batch and toss a couple of over easys on top and we yaffle them down outside, rain or shine.



 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. I love mess kits! While in the Army we lived with them virtually every day. Compact, versatile, easy to keep clean, what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete