Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Getting defriended on Facebook that time was a hoot.

Back when it came out I posted the April Fool's Day Duffelblog article of the day on Facebook. 


It was hilarious and some of the imaginary quotes were outrageous. 

"This way my husband doesn't have to know and when I get home we're going to have a real baby." was the one that comes to mind.

Anyway, an old (liberal) classmate of mine read it and screeched off at the keyboard that it was tasteless as hell and so on and so forth and that she was going to forward it to her congressman which apparently she did.

I think she thought the Duffel Blog is an official military publication along the lines of Stars and Stripes or Yank. 

Anyway putting things together the congresscritter wrote her back and explained that the Duffel Blog is a spoof website like the Onion.

Looking back on it, my guess is that it fooled the staffer that read it for a while and he called the Army to find out about it and he/she felt foolish when they found out they'd been had.

She probably got an email or possibly a letter back explaining the DB was a spoof site and then she got pissed off and defriended me.

I laughed myself silly.

I would have posted a link to the original post but it's now a pay site for the archives. Sorry.









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment