Tuesday, July 23, 2024

One day at work. (2nd post of the day)

I had to go get something medical checked out while I was in CA and there was a block that I supposedly had to fill out on a hospital form.

It was my Social Security number and I put down 000 00 0006 which raised eyebrows so I whipped out one of these that I had engraved with my name and 000 00 0006 that I have purchased on eBay for a couple of bucks.



I had been out of the hospital for maybe 15 minutes waiting for my ride when my phone rang. It proved to be the woman in charge of taking care of us. She's one of the good guys because when someone needs anything medical she becomes an attack dog and when her name gets mentioned everyone within earshot grins because we know she's on our side.

Anyway, in an amused voice she asked me if I had really given my SSN as 000 00 0006 and I fessed up.

"God bless you," she said. "They're not supposed to ask for it. When I get anything with someone's SSN on it I redact it with a sharpie." She was clearly amused.

Then she asked me if I'd take a call from the insurance company. She said the person in the insurance company that she worked with wanted to 'meet' the guy with 000 00 006 for an SSN. I agreed and in a few minutes my phone rang.

It was the insurance company agent and she asked me how I got 000 00 0006 as a SSN.

I spun her the yarn about getting it personally from President Roosevelt back in 1935 as she listened while laughing herself silly.

I believe I have posted that yarn here and if I haven't let me know and I'll post it.

If any of you get the bright idea of doing the same thing please pick another number. MINE is six. Please pick another number.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment