Wednesday, July 31, 2024

A flash of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty "Hi-Ho Silver!"

The Lone Ranger rides again!

I just found a channel that shows all of those old western TV shows, some older than I am! Hopalong Cassidy was on TV between 1949 and 1954. I was three when it went off the air. Gene Autry, America's favorite cowboy was on the air between '50 and '56. I was five when it ceased production.

The Lone Ranger ran '49 to '57 and for a few years afterwards as reruns. I might have caught the last season but saw a lot of reruns as a kid.

It's refreshing to see how wholesome Hopalong Cassidy, Gene Autry and the Lone Ranger were.

I very well remember the Lone Ranger's Creed. At one time it was recited almost as often as the Boy Scout Oath.

Erased link here. Image posted below.

I'd just love to binge watch the channel for about a month but I'd get too damned fat.

I did watch a couple of Hopalongs, Gene Autrys and Lone Rangers, though just to see something wholesome for a change.

I do have a pretty good eye. I picked up that one of the episodes I watched had Tom Hart playing the masked rider of the plains. On Season 3 Clayton Moore didn't play the Lone Ranger because of contract disputes. His voice tipped me off because with the mask Hart's face looked damned close to Moore's

One thing is that it's amazing how clear many of those old shows look even though they were made 70 odd years ago. On my TV they look like they were made last month.

Unknown: FIFY






   




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. File link doesn''t work. I don't know how best to host it.

    ReplyDelete