Monday, July 15, 2024

"Oh, poor me!" she said. "Dating is so difficult in one's 30s"

"How do you thing I feel?" I shot back. "I'm 72 and the only women that want to date me are a bunch of nasty old hens looking for me to support them!"

Of course I am married and want to stay that way, it was a shot I could not resist taking. As you may or may not have figured out sometimes I can be sarcastic.

Still, after she stopped smirking I was left with the feeling that had I made an offer to do something with her she would probably have taken me up on it, especially if I had offered to do something interesting with her.

"Have you ever been in a submarine?" probably would have gotten me a date to visit USS Requin at the Carnegie Center downtown (had I been single).

To any of you single guys a piece of advice here.

The usual movie, dinner and drinks, or whatever today's mating rituals seem to be too mainstream. Instead think of something interesting or at least something that's different.

*************************
Even if I was single, at this late stage the last thing I would want is a hot younger woman. Having her have to go to court and defend herself on a first degree murder charge is not a nice thing to do to someone.

On the other hand, if she can convince the jury that it was MY idea she could probably have it ruled suicide!


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. Dating is easy in the 20s for ladies, but hard for men. The ladies have their pick of the litter, and the men are desperate. In the 30s, it is easy for men, but much harder for women. Now the men have Their pick of the litter, while the ladies are getting desperate.

    Once everyone hits their 40s, and has been burned a few times, perspectives get much better all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually between my mid 20s and mid 30s (I had already been burned so once burned twice shy) The bulk of my dating was with women in their 40s pretty much just for that reason. I wasn't dating to find a serious mate then. I was looking for fun.

    ReplyDelete