Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Different means different

One of the things I have had to deal with over the years is the idiot that doesn’t understand the English language or just tries to take something out of context.

The other day someone asked me about something he did and I told him that it was sure a different way of handling the situation.

Of course, he got all butt-hurt and demanded to know what was wrong with what he had done.

I’ve had to deal with this guy before and he has a chip of some kind on his shoulder, so I simply told him that what was wrong is that he’s illiterate.

When he got enraged I simply told him that he did not know what the word ‘different’ meant.

Then I explained to him that just because something is different it does not necessarily mean something is wrong with it. Right means right, wrong means wrong, and different means simply that, different.

He was partially mollified, so I was off the hook.

Now, I do not know what his problem is, but I think it’s the chip he carries on his shoulder. He’s pulled that crap on other people before. I’ve seen it.

I’ve also seen him take things out of context. I have been waiting for him to do it to me, but I don’t think he will. People like that fear people that are articulate and when I deal with him, I make it a point to be because it intimidates him enough so he treads warily.

I enjoy a reputation of being kind and patient, yet you do not want to cross me because I come down hard. It’s a reputation I enjoy having. It makes things easy for me.

It has been said that the pen is mightier than the sword, and maybe it is, but the English language works for me.



my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment