Thursday, April 15, 2010

I made a butt call the other day

which I guess is par for the course for bar-type cell phone users.

The tern came from Neighbor Bob's wife, it means you have your cell phone in your back pocket and sit on it and push the buttons with you ass.

The call went to Bob's answering machine and I was in the process of teaching someone to do something on the computer and you could clearly hear me giving directions.

This galls me because I could have said something stupid or really embarrassed myself. I guess I got lucky.

I guess I am going to have to get one of those things that you hook into your belt to keep it from happening again. Until then, I'll just keep my cell in my shirt pocket and button the flap shut.

I didn't have this problem with the old clamshell kind of phone, which I have had for years.

The problem came when I switched from Tracfone to straight talk. The clamshell phones that Straight Talk sells do not have a camera in them so I was stuck.

These days I need a camera at work because when something breaks I can snap a picture of it and send it to my Port Engineer. It's somewhat of a pain in the neck, but I know it sure makes his job easier because when you can actually see a problem it's a lot better than listening to a verbal description.

I guess I'll just solve the problem by getting one of those belt holsters with a clip and I'll add on some sort of safety line and a clip of some sorts because when you work sometimes the clip slips off of your belt.

We'll see.


my other blog is:

http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment