Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Some people can't understand a simple concept like gravity.

One time many, many moons ago I watched a guy with a background in engineering trying to install a pump in a fishing boat. The pump was to transfer fuel from a fifteen gallon tank to an oil stove. He was out there trying to find an out of the way place to mount the pump when Timmy happened on by.


Now Timmy wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. We figured that somewhere along the line he had just a touch of Down's. He watched the skipper for a few minutes and said, "Gee! I wish I could figure that out. If I did it I would have mounted the tank on the overhead and used gravity because I don't know how to set up a pump like that!"

About a minute later a red faced engineer was asking Timmy to help him get the fifteen gallon tank up onto the coachroof.

I watch people all the time go through a lot of rigamarole to do things that are in fact quite easy to do because they seem to be unable to figure out how gravity works.

Of course sometimes gravity works too good and you have to slow it up  a bit. One can't simply toss a safe out of a third story window and not expect something bad to happen but you get the general idea. Gravity can be your friend and the price is right.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment