Thursday, October 29, 2020

Time flies

Someone driving by stopped and said hello.

It was one of the kids that I was playing baseball with about 25 years ago when I sent one through the neighborhood grouch's window.

Of course we all ran like Hell and the kids hid me out and never ratted me out.

He's not a kid anymore. He's pushing 40.

We chatted briefly and he said that he's going to spend a few days with his folks around Thanksgiving and asked if I'd be home.

I told him that it was likely and he said he'd sneak out some evening and drop by with a bottle of scotch.

I hope he does as it will be interesting to see what he grew up to be.

I suppose when I get to St. Peter I'm going to have to do some real fast talking and fork over a couple of character references. 

I figure that any guy that a bunch of baseball playing kids hid out and never ratted out ought to be pretty good references. I could sure do worse.  



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment